1. Conscript’s allowance is paid up until the end of the month during which the period of military service ends. If your service ends on 16 December, the allowance will be paid until the end of December.
2. If you have received general housing allowance during your military service, the payment of general housing allowance will continue automatically once the service ends. However, remember to submit an application for a review of the housing allowance to Kela if you move or if there is a change in your income. Submit an application for a review of the housing allowance if the combined income of your household members increases by 400 euros or more or decreases by 200 euros or more per month from what it was at the time of the previous decision on the allowance.
3. If you have not previously received general housing allowance, you can use the calculator for general housing allowance (in Finnish) to assess whether you are entitled to it. Apply for housing allowance in the OmaKela e-service.
4. If you do not have a job lined up for you after the service ends, you should register as a jobseeker with the TE Office (työmarkkinatori.fi) and apply for unemployment benefits from your unemployment fund or from Kela.
5. If you are going to start studying, apply for student financial aid and pay the healthcare fee for students in higher education well in advance. Apply for student financial aid in the OmaKela e-service. Check Kela’s quick guide for students.